To support businesses and self-employed individuals through grants and payments from schemes during coronavirus will be taxable.
Who can report a grant or support payment:
You will need to report the grants or payments on your tax return if you received a payment to support you during COVID-19 only if you are:
- in a partnership
- a business
What payments need to be reported:
You will need to report all the COVID-19 support schemes received as grants and payments. These will include:
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Test and trace or self-isolation payments
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate
- Coronavirus Business Support Grants
How to report a grant or payment:
SEISS payments need to be reported under the Self Employment Income Support Scheme Grant box on your Self-Assessment form. All the other taxable COVID-19 payments can be recorded in any other business income box.