Do you have employees with National Insurance numbers beginning with the prefix KC? Then you’re aware of problems submitting Real Time Information (RTI) because HMRC’s software has not yet been updated to accept the new prefix.
Although it will be April 2017 before HMRC’s Basic PAYE Tools is updated, you will be able to submit RTI and there is no need to assign a new prefix to your employee’s data. Use the guidance below when you make the submission:
• Leave the field for the National Insurance number blank
• Complete the field for the employee’s address
• Apply tax codes and any notices received from HMRC in the normal way.
HMRC will be providing updated RIM artefacts for RTI in the near future, along with confirmation of the release dates for the TPVS, VSIPS and LTS test services. They will be changing the NINO validation as follows so use the following guidance:
• Do not use the characters D F I Q U and V as either the first or second letter of a NINO prefix
• Do not use the letter O as the second letter of a prefix
• Do not use the prefixes BG, GB, KN, NK, NT, TN and ZZ.
HMRC have update their PAYE Service Issues page and you can read more by clicking here.